At Masters, our recruitment process aims to deliver the right people for the right jobs at the right time. We aim to treat our candidates as we do our valued customers - with courtesy, consideration and fairness.
At Masters, all candidates that apply for a position with us can be assured:
- We aim to increase our diverse mix of employee base nationally across all roles.
- We will abide by Anti-Discrimination and Equal Employment Opportunity legislation throughout our Recruitment Process.
- We will recruit based solely on merit, ensuring the best person for the job is selected.
- We will act in accordance with the Privacy Act when dealing with your personal information.
- We will treat candidates professionally and with respect at all times.
Summary of our recruitment process
Here is a snap shot of the recruitment process you can expect:
|Candidate searches online for opportunities||Candidate applies online||Company sends confirmation email to acknowledge candidate's application||Company sends email to advise if candidate is successful or unsuccessful for specific vacancy||If successful, candidate receives invitation to attend interview||Interviews are conducted and reference checks completed||If successful, employee commences work|
Who we look for
Are you an experienced tradesperson, or simply a home improvement enthusiast? Perhaps you are a salesperson, TAFE or design student looking for a role that uses your skills and knowledge?
No matter who you are, what your background or experience is, if you are passionate about home improvement Masters may have the perfect role for you. We are always looking for enthusiastic people to join our team and we are on the lookout for a wide range of employee skills.
Our customers always come first. We're committed to understanding their needs and exceeding their expectations. We seek people who are similarly passionate about delivering superior customer service – each and every time.
If this sounds like you, you'll find Masters to be a great environment in which you can build a rewarding and fulfilling career.
We value the following qualities from our associates:
- Being direct and truthful, being honest and being there for our customers and each other.
- Having a passion for what you do, a passion for retail, customer service, product delivery and your job.
- Being accountable for your actions, doing what you say and not accepting second best.
- Being committed to making the working environment and community a better place.
What to expect at an interview
Masters uses a number of methods during our selection process to assess candidates, ensuring the most suitable people are considered for the right positions.
All successful candidates will then be required to attend an interview. This could take the form of either a Group Assessment, or a One-on-One Interview.
Our Group Assessments are an enjoyable interview process where you will be a part of a group of approximately 12 –16 people. During this time you will work in groups or pairs on some job-related activities over the course of approximately 2 hours, whilst being observed by representatives from the company. You will also learn about our company and be given the opportunity to ask any questions.
One on One Interview
You may be asked to attend a one-on-one interview, depending on the position and the division you have applied to work in. During the interview you will be asked a series of questions directly related to the position for which you have applied. These questions will require you to draw on past experiences, based on your employment history or your school / home life.
After completing a Group Assessment or a One on One Interview, you may be required to attend a 2nd Interview with the Store/ Line Manager. This gives you an opportunity to meet the manager for whom you may be working, and get a better understanding of the position and your working environment.
How to Prepare for an Interview
The interview process is your opportunity to display your skills and attitudes and to show us that you are the best person for the job.
Here are some useful tips to ensure you make the most of this opportunity:
- Rehearse answers to questions like why you want the job, what are your skills and achievements are, and what you think you'll bring to our company.
2. What to wear
- Wear something clean that you feel comfortable in that suits the culture of the role for which you are applying.
- Pay attention to grooming too – that way you'll feel and look confident.
3. On the day
- Make sure you leave plenty of time for your journey – plan to arrive about 15 minutes before your interview time.
- Know the exact place and time of the interview and the interviewer's full name.
- Take along to the interview evidence that you are able to work in Australia legally. Such as; documentation, a birth certificate, passport, and/or current Visa.
- If you have any other supporting documentation such as a resume, certificates, written references or school reports please bring copies along to the interview.
- As soon as you arrive at your interview location, tell a member of staff that you are attending an interview and to advise your interviewer of your arrival.
5. At the Interview
- If you're really nervous take some deep breaths and try to relax. We'll be asking you questions to find out a bit more about your skills and achievements.
- Remember to take time to think about each question before answering at the interview, and use your own personal examples wherever possible.
- If you don't understand a question, don't be afraid to ask the interviewer to repeat it.
- Usually at the end of an interview, you'll be asked if you have any questions. You might want to prepare a list of questions prior to attending the interview as now is the time to clarify anything you're not sure of.